Graduate / Quantity Surveyor
Full Time - Newcastle
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
We have an international presence and currently employ 150+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy with shared ownership and management across the group.
The success of Henry Riley for over 128 years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We’ve never lost sight of the core values our company was founded on and these are as much a part of our business today as they were in 1890.
The success of our business is down to our people and we strive for excellence at every level and are committed to delivering our vision and values to both our clients and our staff. We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships. We are Investors in People Gold accredited (awarded to only to the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and talented Graduate / QS with a minimum of three years’ post degree experience, to support and grow our client base within the Newcastle office.
About the role:
You will report in to an Associate or Senior Associate.
The role includes all aspects of quantity surveying and cost consultancy pre and post contract duties including preparation of tenders, cost planning, compiling estimates, contract administrative agreement of final accounts, value engineering and procurements / standardisation work.
To apply it is essential that you:
- Are recently qualified or working towards your APC for either RICS
- Possess experience in electronic take-off software, CostX or similar
- Are innovative, have ability to adapt to change and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care
- Possess working knowledge of retail, commercial, residential and industrial sectors previous experience is preferred but not essential
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft office, Excel and Project
- Have the ability to show and use initiative
- Have Health and Safety awareness
- Have strong relationship management and client facing skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
Ideal strengths include:
- Ability to demonstrate excellent planning, problem solving and strong decision making skills
- Being a team player with the ability to work independently
- Hold leadership skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.