Health and Safety Advisor / CDM Advisor
Full Time - London (with an element of travel)
Position: Health and Safety Advisor / CDM Advisor
Location: London (with an element of travel)
Reporting to: Partner
The role will see the candidate essentially acting as a Health & Safety Advisor to Principal Designer so they must have experience in acting as a CDM Advisor/Principal Designer previously and have good all round knowledge of the current CDM and associated Health & Safety Legislation.
Duties will include
• Fulfilling the role as a professional and diligent Health and Safety/CDM advisor/Principal Designer
• Engaging with clients on a face to face basis
• Providing support and assistance with matters of Health & Safety including compliance with CDM 2015 regulations
• Providing professional and pragmatic advice on Health and Safety issues
• Investigate Health and Safety accidents and incidents to ascertain root cause and develop mitigation action plans to eliminate the root cause / causes.
• Providing regular reports to clients on Health & Safety matters relating to projects
• Providing advice, direct support and guidance on construction safety matters
• Assisting with in-house training on health and safety issues and risks
• Undertaking health and safety audits and providing reports and feedback
• Undertaking construction site inspections and providing reports and feedback
• Monitoring implementation and effectiveness of the Company Health and Safety Policy & Arrangements
• Assisting with the input on PQQ’s, bids and tender questions when required
• Assisting with the development & support Health and Safety training and presentations
• Assisting with the development & support Health Safety promotions and initiatives.
Essential Skills Required
• Communication and influencing skills at all levels within the organisation and externally
• Proactive, engaging and competent team member
• Ability to undertake risk review workshops and design reviews
• Ability to provide health and safety training and presentations internally to staff and externally to clients and others
• Ability to investigate Health and Safety accidents and incidents to ascertain root cause and develop mitigation action plans to eliminate the root cause / causes.
• Acting in the role of CDM Advisor/Principal Designer on projects which range from simple refurbishments to high-end complicated construction projects
• Experience of providing input with responses to PQQ, Bid, and tender questions
• Developing and auditing health and safety management systems
• Managing, developing, implementing and co-ordinating a range of proactive Health and Safety initiatives.