Health and Safety Consultant
Full Time - South East
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
We have an international presence and currently employ 150+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy with shared ownership and management across the group.
The success of the Henry Riley for over 128 years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. But we’ve never lost sight of the core values our company was founded on. These are as much a part of our business today as they were in 1890.
We’re committed to improving the built environment by ensuring we are the first choice construction and property services consultants.
The success of our business is down to our people and we strive for excellence at every level and are committed to delivering our vision and values to both our clients and our staff. We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships. We are Investors in People Gold accredited (awarded to only to the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
A rare opportunity has arisen within the business for a dynamic and talented Health and Safety Consultant to work with some of our leading clients. The role is based on client sites with access to full support from the business.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Consultant who is able to work independently focusing on projects based in the South East. You will have specific experience in the Retail Sector, having worked on large and complex projects. You will be required to strategically advise on projects to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislations.
Our service delivery includes writing procedures, assisting in carrying out site inspections and audits, writing up progress reports and engaging directly with the client. You will required to attend project design and additional meetings, escalating issues when they arise. Your knowledge and skills will contribute to the growth and success of our developing and growing Health and Safety team to help deliver robust solutions to meet our clients’ health and safety objectives and aspirations.
- Educated to a degree level in a construction related field with a preference for design
- Technical or Chartered membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH or CMIOSH)
- Ability to conduct safety audits and hold a qualification in OHSAS 18001
- Possess specific experience in the retail sector having worked on large projects
- Strong understanding of Assurance Monitoring
- Ability to strategically advise and guide all personnel with the implementation of current Health and Safety legislations
- Appropriate experience of the design and construction processes and principles of risk reduction
- Have strong relationship management skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care
- Ability to carry out and create fire risk assessments is desirable
- Experience of working on Airport construction sites is desirable
- Hold strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.