Fixed Term - Croydon
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence, we currently employ 150+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Certified Gold in Investors in People (awarded to only the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We are currently seeking an Account Assistant to join our team based from our Head office in Croydon. This role will be a 6 months full time Fixed Term Contract with a view to go permanent following this.
Core tasks and Duties:
- Ensure that Sales invoices are issued promptly and accurately.
- Processing sales entries on clients’ electronic systems
- Produce and send monthly statements to customers
- Assist the Accounts Manager in chasing debts to maintain cash flow
- Post receipts onto the accounting system
Suppliers and expenditure
- Coding and entering supplier invoices, ensuring that they are correctly authorised
- Prepare cheque and BACS payments including obtaining authorisation and posting to the accounting system
- Deal with supplier enquiries
- Prepare purchase orders where required
- Collate credit card receipts and process card statements and monitor expenditure on the company credit cards
- Processing staff expenses
- Operate accounting control procedures and bring to the attention of the Accounts Manager and Finance Director any divergence from agreed procedures
- Deal with customer and supplier queries
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and other management reports
- Ensure that the filing of accounts documents is kept up to date and consistent, to ensure access to documentation
The employee shall also undertake any other duties reasonably requested by the company.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages
Desired Skills and Requirements
- A comprehensive understanding of financial administration procedures and processes.
- The ability to communicate effectively both in person and in writing with staff, external agencies, clients and their representatives.
- The ability to deal effectively and sensitively with queries and to provide appropriate advice as required.
- The ability to deal with high volume workloads and complex data, ensuring attention to detail and accuracy is maintained.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, ensuring that targets and deadlines are achieved.
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.