Graduate Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor
Full Time - London
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
We have an international presence and currently employ 150+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy with shared ownership and management across the group.
The success of Henry Riley for over 128 years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We’ve never lost sight of the core values our company was founded on and these are as much a part of our business today as they were in 1890.
The success of our business is down to our people and we strive for excellence at every level and are committed to delivering our vision and values to both our clients and our staff. We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships. We are Investors in People Gold accredited (awarded to only to the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We have an exciting position available for an enthusiastic and driven Graduate Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor to join us based from our London office. This role offers the opportunity to develop your career further with a fully supported and structured APC training program, whilst working in a driven and hardworking team.
Core tasks and Duties:
The role includes all aspects of quantity surveying and cost consultancy pre and post contract duties including preparation of tenders, cost planning, compiling estimates, contract administrative agreement of final accounts, value engineering and procurements / standardisation work.
- Ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork and proactive cost control
- Prepare financial reports
- Monitor the communication of a project status
- Provide cost on design solutions
- Prepare full tender documentation
- Administer cost/variation procedures
- Carry out full contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes.
We are looking for a QS who possesses the working knowledge of the Retail and / or residential sectors but this role will also have exposure to a range of industry sectors, more information on our experience within these sectors can be found in the ‘Our Work’ section of the website.
Training and Benefits:
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages.
Desired Skills and Requirements:
- Recently qualified or with up to 3 years post degree experience
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.