Fixed Term Contract - London
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence and we currently employ 160+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Investors in People Gold accredited (awarded to only to the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team. Working directly on site with one of our Commercial clients based in London. This requirement is starting on a Fixed Term Contract of up to 6 months with potential to lead to a permanent position.
Core tasks and Duties
- Ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive cost control and the provision of contractual advice
- Attend meetings with client
- Prepare financial reports
- Monitor the communication of a project status
- Prepare full tender documentation
- Provide advice on contractors, specialists, procurement routes, cost and programme solutions
- Administer cost/variation procedures
- Carry out full contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes
- Instigate value engineering and standardisation processes aimed at reducing scheme costs and increasing value on short and long term levels
- Provide advice to clients on taxation and any benefits/grants/exemptions that may be claimed.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Project Management experience of 2-3 years minimum
- Hold construction related degree or masters
- Experience in refurbs with a main focus on Commercial office fit-outs or Retail
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Driven attitude with the ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.