Quantity Surveyor - Cambridge
Full Time - Cambridge
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence and we currently employ 160+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Investors in People Gold accredited (awarded to only to the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We have had an exciting position arise for an enthusiastic and driven Quantity Surveyor to join our team based in Cambridge. You will be supported in your personal development and will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution to the success of the business. You will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fully supported and structured APC training program.
Core tasks and Duties:
This role includes all aspects of quantity surveying/cost consultancy pre and post contract duties, including:
- Preparation of tenders, cost planning, compiling estimates
- Contract administrative agreement of final accounts,
- Estimating and cost planning
- Preparation of tenders, including managing the pre-qualification stage, tender analysis, producing tender report and compiling contractual documents
- Conduct cost checks, carry out valuations ensuring on projects to a time and cost effective manor
- Dealing effectively and producing post contract cost reports
- Inputting into value engineering
- Client facing at all stages of projects.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor who possesses the working knowledge of the Residential sector but this role will also have exposure to a range of industry sectors.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Up to 3 years post-graduation experience
- Degree educated in appropriate field of study
- Ability to run own projects
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.