Senior Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor
Full Time - Croydon
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence, we currently employ 150+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Certified Gold in Investors in People (awarded to only the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our expanding team based from our Croydon Head Office. This unique position offers you flexibility and the opportunity to develop your career!
Core tasks and Duties:
The role includes all aspects of quantity surveying and cost consultancy including; pre and post contract duties, preparation of tenders, cost planning, compiling estimates, contract administrative agreement of final accounts, value engineering and procurements / standardisation work:
- Ensure clients achieve their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive cost control and the provision of contractual advice;
- Managing internal resources to provide a full range of QS functions to enable projects to proceed from inception to completion;
- Attend meetings, prepare financial reports and monitor on the status of projects;
- Prepare full tender documentation together with advice on contractors, specialists, as well as advice on procurement routes;
- Full post contract Surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of account and disputes;
- Fulfilling the role of Independent Monitoring Surveyor including Initial due diligence report to assess the Funders risk profile, interim site inspections and draw down reports, liaison with the wider project team.
Training and Benefits:
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages.
Desired Skills and Requirements:
- Hold a construction related degree
- Completed or working towards APC for MRICS chartered status
- Experience and knowledge of the Bank Monitoring process
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care
- Hold a full clean driving licence as this role will involve regular travel.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.