The Bicester town centre redevelopment provided new retail and leisure opportunities and ultimately satisfied the local authority’s requirements for a new civic centre and library, which was developed on the adjacent Franklin’s Yard car park plot.
The town centre redevelopment comprised:
- 526 decked space car park
- 52,000 sq ft (sales) supermarket
- Multi-screen cinema
- 19 retail units
- Two public squares
- Refurbishment of existing retail street
- Diversion of the River Bure and highway diversion
- Associated hard and soft landscaping.