Henry Riley has been employed by Luton Borough Council to undertake a series of separate enabling works contracts. These works are in preparation for the construction of a new MPT train system that will link Luton Parkway rail station with the various airport car parks and terminal building.
- Redirection of the main runway perimeter access roads to free up land for the new MPT corridor whilst maintaining access to landing lights and RVP access points.
- Relocation of the airport snow fleet, de-icing operations and elements of the airport fire station facilities.
- Provision of additional airside security access gates and emergency RVPs.
- Reconfiguration of the medium term stay car park to provide a new orbital bus route with approximately 400 additional parking spaces to replace those which will be lost during the construction of the future MPT.
- Relocation of communications and services within the existing short term car park.
- Preparatory works to allow the creation of a temporary Drop off Zone and construction of a second multi-storey car park.